Saturday, August 8, 2009

TIME

Time is funny. Or maybe it is humans that are funny. Never enough--too much. Silly time. Silly humans. All I know is that it is precious and fleeting. In just a few short days of daycare, time has a new meaning. When I pick her up, I just stare at Amelia's big blue eyes and search her smile for that hidden dimple and time stands still. Completely still.

So, where were we? After our birthday festivities and girls night out, it was class reunion time. I will spare you the details of how awkward I thought this event might be, but just know that I had anticipated some very weird conversations or lack thereof. WRONG. It was so fun and great to see everyone. Genuinely..everyone. A blast for sure and the Class of 99 had a rockin turn out both days of events.

Jaimi looked gorgeous and Amelia got to play with her sweet new daughter, Jordan. We used to spend hours and hours together worrying about boys and basketball games and homework and now we have kids and husbands. Time. Man.

I've been friends with this lady since kindergarten and I am so proud to say that she is Exactly The Same. :) Time knows little difference in her spunky outlook on life then and now.

Mom got Amelia this sweet outfit and she wanted to stand like a big girl to show it off. She is still crawling backwards, but no forward movement to be seen. It is so neat watching her discover new things every single day. Ross and I are addicted to Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends, and we think Amelia enjoys watching it too. Seriously the cutest little show on the Noggin channel.
We stopped by to see Mammaw before heading back to Little Rock and she got to see Amelia eating her yummy carrots. Time has been good to Mammaw. 89 and going strong--living alone and making jokes. Amelia loved hanging out with her for the afternoon.
Then it was back for another week of intense studying for Ross and as of yesterday the test is DONE. He should have his results in four weeks, but he feels pretty good about it. Thank you to those who were praying for his confidence and stamina as he tackled this eight hour beast. We had a little "Congrats, the test is over" party for he and Aaron last night.The menu consisted of enchiladas, rice, cheese dip, salsa, bean dip, chips and a delish cake (made by Reb). Amelia was in a delightful mood and probably thought the party was for her ha. She and Rebecca got in some good play time.So, the time has come next week for daycare from 7-3. The full day. Sigh. It is just so hard. I know millions of people have done it, I know it will be fine, I know..I know..I know. However, that doesn't change the fact that I don't want to send her. Her teacher got her to take a 30 minute nap IN HER BED. She didn't rock her first; she just put her in there awake. I was like, "Umm..my child?" Haha. I hope it is great fun for her because it isn't great fun for her mommy.

Time to go. See ya soon. With love from the Exer Saucer.

9 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking about you next week...it is hard...no doubt! I am already dreading it once I go back to work...but I have to get a job first..ha! Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiiiiii friend. I know just about everything that goes on, but I still love reading about it in your blog. 10-year reunion = rocked. Good times.
    Sweet Amelia. You can never get enough of her = give her squeezes for me. Go Ross = he did amazing I am sure.

    From the lady who is "exactly the same."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog my first born grandchild. Amelia Claire will make the best of daycare, be much harder on you. You will handle it fine, proud of you!!!!!
    Prayers and Love,Meam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now that I am bawling after reading all that and seeing the wonderful photos! It will all be ok at daycare even though it is hard-she will love the kids and they will love her-daycare will never be the same just like a room that you enter-never the same-love you my sweet first born!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GO ROSS GO ROSS GO Aaron-I am sure you guys busted taht test

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE ARE GOING TO FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MAMMAW.
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD THE TEST IS BEHIND THEM NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, Pop always reads the blogs and facebook.

    Love ya, Meam & Pop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for Ross!!! It's finally over!!! So glad for you!!

    Thank you for posting a pic of Amelia in the black outfit - love it!!

    How fun are reunions!! We had a blast at mine as well. Have you had Ross's 10 year yet? Oh wait - he's baby and your the cradle robber - LOL!! Love it!!

    You are right - Jaimi does look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad your reunion was a blast from the past. Great post. Time does fly by. More and more as we get older. I know it will be hard on you to leave AC at daycare--buttttt she really does like it. She already made two friends, remember? :D Love you and can't wait for you to see the new house stuff.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. TIIIIMMMEEEE.
    hmm. Okay, So i was going to leave lyrics sung by Mr. Hootie but when I read the lyrics I realized they are depressing.

    Great job ross, neato amelia, go heather.
    I'm starting off my week with positiveness b/c I was not so uplifting this past weekend. Have a good week.

    UD

    ReplyDelete