Friday, August 21, 2009

Sections

I feel like I am living my life section by section. One thing at a time. Most sections are Amelia, and I would not have it any other way. In fact, my little sweetie pie face is SIX MONTHS OLD!

It is hard to believe that six months ago she wasn't even here yet. We didn't know the impact that she would have on our lives and no matter how often or with how much intensity someone told me that she would change things forever---I was clueless.

At six months old, Amelia is
--sitting up (falling over less and less)
--smiling and giggling
--recognizing mom and dad
--babbling sounds that she puts together (dadadada a lot)
--reaching for everything
--eating an entire container of baby food in one sitting
--loving her exersaucer
--almost 15 pounds
--not sleeping in her bed
--stealing the show with her blue eyes
--jumping, jumping, jumping

Mom and Dad came down to see us last Friday and that was a great surprise. Mom watched Amelia so that I could finish up my classroom, and Dad and Ross.. Hmm.. what did those two do? Oh yeah, they played golf.
And, if that surprise wasn't great enough, Steph and Derek came the very next day! They spent the night with us on their way home from Dallas. On their trip they bought some awesome stuff at Ikea for their new house. I am sure Derek will post some pics of their new place soon. One would hope anyway...right Derek?

We had a great time and from this photo, you would never know it, but Amelia had to take a trip to the after hours clinic at Baptist Hospital. She started running a fever Saturday night and was coughing horribly. Her eye was matted and her nose was running. I was losing it. They did x-rays, tested for swine flu, drew blood---the works. It was heart wrenching. She was the saddest little girl ever and it was at least 12:30 a.m. before we got out of there. The diagnosis was bronchitis and some antibiotics. We went for a follow up visit with her doctor and she is doing much better now. Scary.

Daycare. Spit and Hiss.


So, I went on a small hiatus after someone so recklessly hijacked my blog, but I will pay some attention to his post. Wordle really is a fun site. You go to www.wordle.net and either enter the text you want wordled or enter the website in the blank that you want wordled.

What a sweet view I have when I ride in the back with Amelia Claire. Doesn't her hair look super red in this picture??
School went pretty well the first week, but honestly that is a section that I am not putting too much time into yet. My life has shifted. Been turned upside down. Changed. I know that I will still put a valiant effort into teaching, but it just isn't as high on my priority list.

Showing Amelia that she is loved is a section that I devote a huge amount of time to, as does Ross, and thankfully, so does our entire family. She is one loved little lady.
We moved this rocking chair into Amelia's room and she is proud as punch about it.




Another thing that has her tickled is this jumper that Ross bought her. She absolutely loves it and we laugh hysterically watching her. Her legs are so strong. The pillow is there to keep her from bonking her head on the door frame.
Amelia got her first present from Disney World from her Great Aunt Jen. She loved Minnie's yellow shoes and tried to cram them in her mouth immediately.
Uncle Derek left his pajamas in Dallas. Muuuuuaaaaaaahhh.

4 comments:

  1. Well, you finally got back to the blog.woowoo
    Great blog and great pictures !!!!!!!! That hair is red now for sure. Aunt Edith and Aunt Grace would be very proud. lol
    6 months old and doing so many things. Go Buzzy.. Love you, Meam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of sweet kisses for that girl!
    Love the special picture with you and the rocking chair one too-poor Uncle D-LOL
    Miss and love you guys-my sweet 6 month old Amelia Claire is precious, Gammy says!!!!!,
    Her Aunt Andrea called checking on her today!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you and the buzzster are feeling better soon. loved this post. loveyou.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wordle info! I'm so excited. I'll let you know what I use most. Also, Pear Rear I want to see some comments. My blog is not private anymore..that was a mess..so now that I know you look at it I need some feedback every so often. Also Heathy, I'm working on my comments for you too! Love you all. Amelia is just precious. I love little girls!

    ReplyDelete