Thursday, July 30, 2009

Milking It

Okay..last real week of freedom and man I am milking it. Visiting with family, eating tons, hanging out with friends, and spoiling Amelia before daycare. We came to Harrison on Sunday night and what a blast I have had during that time.

First up was a birthday party with my family on Monday. Steph and I have had joint birthday parties our whole life and still, at 28, I look forward to it. It is so much fun having our birthdays so close together. Mom prepared a Mexican feast and the chocolate cake and ice cream were delicious. A great night.

Sweet Meme and her girls

Wishing..wishing..
Cute couple in purple

Amelia wants you to check out her bracelet that she wore to the party.
My sweet hubby. There were a few birthdays in there (22,23,24) where I made a wish (although realizing all the while how fleeting and fru-fru 'wishes' actually are) for a husband that loved the Lord and loved me as well. It was on those birthdays that I honestly wondered if there would be a man out there for me with all the qualities that I felt were important and non-negotiable. I am so thankful for the wisdom of the Lord and somewhat ashamed by my moments of doubts as I stand holding hands with Ross. The next day was a birthday dinner with the girls. We went to Devitos (my favorite) and had a glorious hour and forty-five minute dinner with lots of laughing. Laughing that actually seemed to be quite loud in this fine dining establishment. I have been friends with Stephanie for 25 years, Allison for 23 years, Amy for 14 years, and Sherrill for 10. Wowzer. We know everything about each other haha.

Actually, I don't know the name of Sherrill's baby. She won't tell. ANNOYING. Come on Sherrill...tell!!!
Amelia, Mom, and I went to the park and she loved swinging again. We went with Owen the first time (no pictures, darn) and this time she was a pro. She swang 25 minutes without making a peep.


We had so much fun. I was telling Brandy that I will never be half the mom that mine is and she said, "Yeah..I don't know if you ever could be." Ha. I love that honesty. She followed it up with, "But, at least she is your child's grandmother." So true Bran. I am so lucky and Amelia will still get all the benefits of my mom and dad's amazing-ness.
Amelia has now eaten pears, applesauce, sweet potatoes, squash and green peas. She prefers pears and squash. I am so proud of how well she is eating. It makes her seem so old to eat out of a spoon!


Okay, blogging isn't really keeping with my theme of milking my time here at home, so I will be back later. Ten year class reunion tomorrow night! Awkward????? Not really sure how it will go down, but I will be there.

I will leave you with a picture of Amelia in her first pair of jeans. Thanks Sarah!

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures and blog.Glad you realize your Mom is amazing,she sure is, makes me proud. We have had a fun week together.
    Love ya,Meam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing is my mom-your meme that is for sure-but thanks-you are already a great mom too
    Precious Amelia loving the park and getting bigger by the day-so glad we get to share lots of time together-

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...how does one follow those two comments? ah, what the heck; I'll give it a try......
    "Hey Little Amelia, Hey Little Amelia, Hey Little Amelia GO!!"

    I am proud of all three of you ladies.
    Steph is pretty alright as well. :)

    'Uncle D'

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have had such a fun week! i love it when you are here. as soon as school starts back up, derek and i will start making more trips down to lr. we have fun where ever we are. i can't believe all the things amelia can do already--"she's growing up so fast" sounds cliche--but it's so true. she's precious! loveyou.

    'aunt steph'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet Amelia while I was there, but it was good to see you. I love her bracelet. I've never heard the story of how you and Ross got together (other than I know you met at klife).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mrs. Halsted! Amelia was wearing the bracelet I got her! I loved it! I miss you Mrs. Halley Walley!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete