Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hello?

Sheesh. I haven't had internet for daaaaaaaays and I had an entire tirade to share, but I have decided not to. This is mainly because I am already over the lack of professionalism and service that AT&T offered me.

So, on to more important things. Such as...Miss Amelia Claire Halsted turning 5 months old. She is as cute as ever. See?

As if you even doubted...

At five months old she is trying to sit up on her own, crawling backwards, loving her Exer Saucer, and drumming on everything in sight. She has eaten squash and peas and loved them both. I am nursing in the morning, formula during the day, and nursing at night. She is melting my heart on a daily basis. As I type this, she is SLEEPING IN HER PACK N PLAY. Do not get too excited, as she has only been in there for 26 minutes. However, I just wanted this moment to be documented. In reality, she is still pretty much sleeping with us in the chair, but we are slowly working on making progress.

Amelia shares the 21st with her Aunt Stephanie (and Deacon--Happy 11 months). Happy Birthday Steph! We will be home in a few days to celebrate. I pray that if the Lord blesses us with another girl that her and Amelia have the relationship we do. It is almost daily that I thank him for my built-in best friend. Every day at home growing up was like having a friend over to play and spend the night. I know you are not a fan of moosh and goosh, so I am done now.

Okay, okay, more pictures. Here she is hard at work spinning her chickens.



Mom, are you getting this?

Pretty girl in her swing
Today we went to Target and I had Amelia in a cute little blue outfit with a blue bow. A lady stopped me and said, "Is that a little girl? In blue?" I said, "Um..yes. We are bucking the system." She said, "Good for you. Little girls can wear blue if they want."

Here is Amelia in her blue doing yoga. Don't you wish you were as fashion forward as her? Wear something this week just because you want to.
I went home this weekend for Kayla's baby shower. It seems weird that she started out just doing my hair, but now is a great friend. She is so cute pregnant, even if she won't decide on a baby name.
Is this a hodge-podge overload? Are you even reading or just looking at the pictures? Hmm. More tomorrow. Oh, and at some point during this post, Amelia awoke. I rocked her and put her back in the pack n play. There she resides. For now. :)

4 comments:

  1. I will admit, sometimes I glance at photos and then read but I followed correct order this morning.
    "Is that a girl?" I mean, c'mon.
    Good post. I'm glad you got internet connection back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am up here reading and looking. Had to see if you posted when you got back on.
    Will see you in a couple of days,can't wait.hmmm oh yes, you were here this past weekend. lol. ready for you to be back !!!!!!!!!!! I tried to comment on Jami's sister having her baby. I can't post on hers,very glad that is over and all is well for them.
    Meam

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow--a whole paragraph dedicated to me! hip hip hooray. you are my best friend too! love the pics of amelia claire in the outfit i got her from kohls. so precious. can't wait for you to come home this weekend and hear all about lion king and ka in person! loveyou

    oh yes--love the yoga pose. so funny. and i love girls in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yoga pose also-great shot-
    Brought tears to my eyes remembering how lucky I am with two girls who played so well-wait a minute they still do-HA!

    ReplyDelete