Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vacation, Part II

So, we arrived in Harrison for the second part of our vacation and I got that same smile I always do. I love that town and so many of the people in it. Warm and fuzzy moment. But, it seems appropriate to mention here how blessed I have been in the past year with new friendships. I am so thankful for Mom's not so gentle shove for us to get involved in a small group.

Anyway, Harrison. Jared was at Meme and Pop's for the week, so that was a double bonus to get to spend time with him. We played Cosmic Cows (Ross and I dominated) and we played Animal Trivia (I did NOT dominate). It turns out that I know very little about animals...

Jared was so great with Amelia and set off pretty smoke bombs for her to watch and helped get her pool ready for swim time.


Derek and Steph were in Chicago most of the week we were home, but got back in time for July 4th and in time for Derek and Ross to golf TWO ENTIRE DAYS. Hmmm. I was so ready for them to get back and for them to see Amelia. Can you imagine if they were your aunt and uncle? Such cool cats.
We had a cookout on the 4th and it was quite the shindig. Meme and Pop, Mom and Dad, Ross, Amelia, and I, Steph and Derek, Barbara and Darrell (Ross's parents), Daniel and Glenda (Derek's parents), and Darren and Melissa (Derek's brother and his girlfriend). FUUUUUN. Dad was a grill master and Mom had enough food for 100 people.


This happened one morning and I am proud to announce that I did not go to the basement.
I know everyone in the United States knows of my intense fear of storms, and that fear will always be present, but the Lord has been blessing me lately with a healthier dose of sanity when it comes to storms. Now, I will say that I was pacing around while this blew in and that I was NOT the photographer of this photo.

(Oh and I wouldn't go to Branson with Steph because it was supposed to storm again... So, on second thought, maybe I shouldn't be QUITE so proud).

Amelia and her G on July 4th

Amelia was pleased that her daddy picked out this July 4th top so that she would have an outfit change. Pretty darn sweet.
Then, it was time to head home so that Ross could register for his SENIOR YEAR!! I am so proud of him and his Senior Status. He is studying for Step 2--a very important test that residency programs will look at the score on. Fingers crossed.

More from The Rock later. Love.

Oh, wait. One more picture. I love this picture of Mom with Amelia. She looks so pretty.

4 comments:

  1. So glad we got to spend the fourth with you! It was fun as always. On a different note--I have some very good news. It requires all caps: I JUST FOUND AND CAUGHT OLIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great 4th. Glad you documented it. I still haven't posted Chicago photos; and it probably won't be until I get the weddings done. Newsflash: Oliver alive and well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet red white and blue photos-proud to be an American! We had a wonderful time and so glad everyone got to come over.
    precious with her and Jared-sweet cousin-
    -Kiss Amelia
    Claire for Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger just checked out your lastest posts and is demanding more pictures of Uncle R!!!!

    ReplyDelete