Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Busy Week

So, Amelia has had a lot of firsts this last week.

#1--First time in her ExerSaucer. She loved being able to stand up on her own and playing with all the toys. A success! The girls from church got me this and I am so glad that she is enjoying it.


#2-- First time on a big play mat. I usually just lay out a blanket for her to play on, but Owen is quite the sharing man and he let us borrow his play mat. Success dos. It is a big hit around here.



#3-- First time in our apartment pool. This girl loves the water! Ross got in first and said, "Yikes..it is cold." However, Amelia got in and said, "Nope, feels awesome Dad."
#4-First time to eat solids. She loved peas!!
Whew. What a lady, huh? Sunday was going to be her first time in the nursery. Ross and I had prepared ourselves the whole way. "It will be good for her." "We have to get her used to it." On and on. However, I get to the nursery window and there is one woman in there and two thirteen year olds. Nope...a tiny teenager will not take care of my baby. So, Amelia sat with us during church and did wonderful. Here she is Sunday morning in what might be my favorite picture of all time.



We went over to see Owen on Monday and he was so sweet. I wish I had gotten a picture of him holding Amelia's hand. However, I just got this picture of Owen looking precious and Amelia looking at me to make sure it is okay.




Yesterday she was already kind of sick of the play mat I guess because I went to get a drink and came back and she thought the carpet was way cooler.
To sum up things here:

8 comments:

  1. Yes,life is good-way good-love the smile in the big pool and the exersaucer "look at me" pose-reminded me of her mom-haha:) Can't wait see you sweet Amelia Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew the exersaucer was going to be a hit! I love all these new pictures so much. She's getting so much bigger and she's playing with everything! Love the pink dress--so glad it fits now. Priceless pic of AC and her daddy. Glad you had fun with Owen. I will see you in 1 day. HOORAY!

    --Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her.
    And I agree, that may be the best photo!!! She is looking so much older

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaawww I love that little smile!! So glad I got to see her tonight, even if was just for a little bit. Love love love that smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of her and Ross. :) Two green peas in a pod.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, not a huge fan of 13 year olds doing nursery. Our church usually has other parents do it. Unfortunately, that means me having to do it and I hate it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amelia is just a doll! I absolutely LOVE having a girl and I know you do too!!! I'll let you know how the biking goes...don't worry...there WILL be a blog post once I get my bike, learn how to ride it, and then have the guts to put Riley on with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally got to the blog. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
    We have been blessed with wonderful summer time with Amelia. Her Pop and I could not be happier that she loves us as much as we do her !!!!!!!!!!! Meam

    ReplyDelete