Thursday, June 18, 2009

Swimming Superstar

We tried Amelia out in the swimming pool at our apartment complex to see how she would do and she loved the water both times. I only put her legs in, but she really seemed to like it. Aunt Jessalyn came to see us and she went to the pool with us the second day.



So, yesterday, we tried her out in her brand new pool. First off, it is the cutest kids pool ever and I wish that I could take credit for anything bought for the child, but I can’t. Gammy and Aunt Steph found it and Amelia had a blast. It has a soft bottom and she loved kicking her legs on it and playing around.

She liked it so much she decided to try and flip over to her tummy and actually swim. I couldn't believe it. She has no idea that she isn't a big shot.

It was the absolute greatest day. She was so intrigued with the water and it was a blast watching her experience something for the first time. I almost teared up thinking that I will get to be with her almost every time she is experiencing something for the first time. Such a big deal to be a mom!

And no ensemble is complete without a precious cover-up after you get out of the pool. I mean seriously.

Great Grandma Cates got to meet Amelia for the first time this week and they were both pretty tickled about it! We had a big cookout last night and there was a ton of great food and delight.

As far as a sleeping update, we have not had any more success on her staying in her crib. Hmmm. It honestly doesn’t bother me for any other purposes than daycare. She is a happy baby and loved plenty- in her crib or out. But, we will keep trying each night and see what progress is made.

Did I mention this pool and its coolness?

And, did I mention that my family is the coolest?

Later.

6 comments:

  1. SO GLAD WE WERE ALL IN ON THE POOL OUTING.
    CUTE,CUTE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like she had a blast in the pool. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little hat! Amelia is such a happy girl.
    Owen still hasn't gone swimming. I'm a little bummed about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! Those are awesome pictures!! She's a little pro at being a beach babe!! So cute in her swimsuit and adorable hat!! I love it!!

    Way to go to the fam for that awesome pool!! Too Cool!! Can't wait to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the bathing suit and the pool is super cool! Looks like you guys are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete