Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Few More Things

#1-- Another cute outfit that Randy picked out. Her first bright orange debut and she does it well!



#2- Vacation Tomorrow! Ross and I are going to Branson for three nights for our anniversary. We found out that we were pregnant last year on our one year anniversary; that was so neat. The way that I showed him the pregnancy test was not neat. I wish that I could re-do it, but that just wouldn't be me I guess. We are staying at The Hilton and I am so excited. You might ask how we are affording that and I will tell you the government (loans) is paying! We are shopping, swimming, going to the movies, and to two shows. I am really looking forward to some time with just Ross.

But, I was equally dreading being away from Amelia, so Mom and Dad are staying in Branson with her at a cabin, so I will not have to go the whole time not getting to see her. Man they are are great parents. And, I am ridiculously spoiled.

#3- Formula Woe. I am out of frozen breast milk and Amelia is eating so much that I don't have any extra to pump. Sorry Derek, we are entering the discussion land that you aren't too fond of. Anyway, I am going to have to give her formula and I am having a hard time. Motherhood is so strange. At first, I hated breastfeeding and all the soreness, emotional stress, and hard boobs that came with it. I wanted to spit on people who called in beautiful. Then, around month two, something happened, and I savored these sweet moments with Amelia and fell in love with it. Hormones.

Anyway, Mom is starting her on formula tomorrow and I haven't picked out a kind. Yes, Mom is starting her on formula. I am way too big of a wimp to be the one to do it. I have researched and researched and the AAP doesn't even offer any advice on it and they offer advice on everything. Sigh.

#4- Someone is pretty tickled that they slobbered on the couch.
#5- Amelia loves CornPops. No, not eating them, just staring at the box. I always eat them dry and sometimes I eat bowl upon bowl during the day. Today, I poured them in front of her and she became enamored with the box. She stared at it twenty straight minutes, which is like two years in baby time. When she got a little fussy later on, I pulled the box back out and she sat in her Bumbo and stared at it. Magic!

9 comments:

  1. I have never given Deacon straight formula, but at times I have had to make 1/2 & 1/2 bottles for daycare. I have used 2 different kinds and he hasn't seemed to mind. I am sure she will do just fine. I hope you guys have a great weekend. You have great parents! Give Amelia a kiss for Deacon it will be awhile before they are reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your parents are awesome! I was upset when I had to give Bentley formula too, but it all worked out. When you are able to be with her all the time it should get better. The pump is never as effective as the baby. Have fun on your vacation and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The posts keep getting better and better; minus the boob and frozen breast milk talk, that is just weird.

    Love the slobber picture. Really looks like a blonde there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fun trip. Love you all.
    Great pictures of the Buzzy. Just relax and enjoy each other. Gammy will handle all the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the orange from Aundie and Randy! Great one. Love the corn pops (sugar pops) box pics. Those are hilarious. Hope you and Ross have a blast on your vacay! Derek and I are excited about ours too. Love you and see you on the 3rd!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If she is eating a lot and you are going to be away from her, make sure you take your pump with you on your vacation or it could be wet and wild in a bad way. LOL Breastfeeding is so challenging, but the reward is worth it. :)
    Did you throw the pregnancy test at him? Maybe you didn't do that AND say, "Oh, crap!" like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amelia did great on her formula-let us just say on the second kind-hated the first one,but Gammy and Gampy did not give up-:) love her in orange-loved my time with her-she is a great baby(NOT PREDJUDICE-just fact)heehee

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is getting sooooo big. She looks different. . . . which makes me sad because I haven't seen her in forever. Too precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We will be there the 9th through the 29th. We will not be flying into Little Rock this time, I'm still mentally recovering from last time. Just let me know when you're in town and we'll get together.

    ReplyDelete