Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Camping in November--- Our Family First


I love the outdoors.  My whole little family of four does.  Amelia has wanted to camp since she understood the concept and I was adamant that we weren't going.  I am not a tent camper.  I love to swim and hike and throw rocks in the creek.  I don't care to get dirty and go on adventures.  It is fun to eat by the fire, but then, I want to go home.  Or to a hotel.  However, I said that I would camp in a camper and low and behold if the in-laws didn't buy one.  A NICE one.  And so there wasn't much else I could say, other than, when are we going? 

And oh boy was it fun.  Even if it had been miserable for me, it was worth it to see how much fun the girls had.  THEY LOVED IT!!!

We explored Blanchard Springs and it was breathtaking.  Spent a good part of the afternoon there hiking around.








G had pumpkins for the girls to decorate when we needed to warm up.




Amelia REALLY wanted to be brave enough to sleep on the top bunk and the second night she was victorious!!  I was so proud of her because that was a big deal in her book.


Frank was another star of the trip.  The girls cuddled him and walked him and fed him and pet him every second.  They just love that boy.


We also toured the cave.  Amelia was terrified and I just made her go.  Heck, I was terrified too and really dislike the thought of being down in a cave, but I didn't want someone to have to sit out with her.  Thankfully she pushed through and loved it.  Elise fell asleep mid tour and it was hilarious.  Afterwards she said, "It was just so dark in there, I thought it was sleepy time."




It was a wonderful weekend adventure and I can't wait for another.  Maybe when it's warmer... :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see these pictures of such a great adventure! Glad everyone had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you for going camping--and loving it!!! Loved all the pics.

    ReplyDelete