Sunday, December 8, 2013

Giving Thanks

Each year that passes, I am more aware of the blessings that are in front of me.  More aware that small things can be big blessings and that every single day is one of thanksgiving.  When my whole family is together, there is nothing else I could need or want and what a great feeling that is.  I realize that not everyone has that and fear that it comes across and selfish or trite, but I truly mean it.  We are not perfect and do not always get along perfectly (my darn mouth) but thankfully we all know we are children of God and forgive and love.

Meme hosted us all at her house and at 77 she is still as amazing as ever, if not more so.  I am always in awe of her pushing through the pain with her arthritis and  eye issues from her shingles, and never complaining and cooking for days with a flawlessly decorated house, just as she has always done.  As if I am still 15!!





 


I have mixed feelings about the four littles getting older and I suppose that will always be something that parents wrestle with.  While the early stages were exhausting at times, they seem so BIG now.  I can't even imagine in a few more years.  It makes me sad, but I am really trying to pinpoint the reason.  The goal is for them to grow into young women who love the Lord with all their heart and they cannot achieve full knowledge of that by staying three forever.  And there were times that I couldn't rock a baby to sleep for ONE MORE MINUTE.  As I type this, both of mine are sound asleep in their own beds and this morning they didn't wake until 7:30.  If you have been following this blog for long then you know that is a miracle upon miracles.  Something to utter thanks for every single day, if not more.  So, why the sadness?  Just of a season passing and moving into a new one, I believe.  I've always resisted change and as I move into a season of Christmas, a new year, and both of my girls' birthdays, I'm struggling a little.  Which is fine.  There doesn't have to be a magical and perfect way to act as we encounter milestones.  It doesn't matter if you are sappy or stoic- you are who you are.  And I am one to get weepy looking back on old photos.  Even these, which are just a few weeks old.  Weepy with joy and a little weepy with the realization that these moments have passed.  It is now on to new moments, which we have been creating all week. 



 Speaking of new moments, it was year number two for Pop's Cedar Tree Extravaganza.  My girls LOVE riding down the the pond to decorate this guy.  And from the looks of it, we all do!!


We then ventured down to Fayetteville for a nice meal of thanks at Uncle Denny's.  We had never been there and the girls were elated to see a trampoline!!  They had a blast jumping around and couldn't wait to see G and Pa and Aunt Jessalyn and all the dogs. 




2 comments:

  1. wonderful photos of loving families and wonderful words about it all-love love and morey love

    ReplyDelete