Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Preschool Pumpkin

 
  Amelia had a note sent home that said she needed to bring a decorated pumpkin to school for a pumpkin display. She chose a tiny pumpkin and painted some designs on it and her face (the bright yellow is her "long, beautiful hair).  I thought it was cute and that was the end of that.  When we got to school to put her pumpkin in the hallway, I almost DIED.  These pumpkins were INSANE.  There was a professionally painted ninja turtle, a TWO STORY black shellacked cat with pipe cleaner whiskers and the whole nine yards.  There was a clown decorated with pom poms and apparently painted by the same professional painter.  Let me just tell you---there were ZERO children that made their own pumpkins.  And they were all so gargantuan that Amelia's pumpkin looked like it was a small egg that they had hatched.

I waited for her to burst into tears as she surveyed all the pumpkins that morning.  She turned to me with a huge smile and said, "I am the only one that brought a tiny one, isn't that awesome?"  She gently and proudly sat it down and bounded in her classroom.  I almost burst into tears and laughter all at the same time.  She's something special.

This picture cracks me up.  This is one of Elise's very best friends at school.  They get into quite a bit of trouble it seems like to me.  Everything the other one does cracks them up.  I always try to get her to play with the girls, but, nope, she just loves her "wild man Camden" as she calls him.  Hahaha.

Total Besties


Treat bag sunglasses and ring pop

2 comments:

  1. Looking for best and knowing hers was unique,love it so much! Wild woman and wild man crack me up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this story about the pumpkin!! Way to go buzz for loving her own!!!

    ReplyDelete