Saturday, July 20, 2013

More Laking

Last week, Mom and Dad gave us the best treat.  They watched the girls while Ross and I and Steph and D went to the lake.  To ski and tube and wakeboard.  To be young again.  To eat cheetos.  To jump off cliffs.  To tread water.  To talk.  To be immature.  To reflect on our blessings.  To just be friends.

I cannot express how great this day was.  We rented a boat and had absolutely perfect weather.  Perfect company.  It was truly a wonderful day.  Ross and I's anniversary trip last only a short time and we had to leave because Amelia got sick and this day more than made up for it.  Such a blast.







The next day, we went to the beach and the best part is we were there in about 15 minutes!  Chad and Amy took us to one of their hidden spots, Sandy Beach, and we had a blast.  The girls love their children and I do too.  They parent in ways that are similar to Ross and I and it makes it easier when spending a whole day together.  This is something that I never would have even considered before having kids, but it is truly an eye opener and honestly, a little hard sometimes.  Obviously I don't think Ross and I have it down pat, but it is a little easier when you are with a family that has similar expectations of their children as far as behavior.  Although there are lessons to be learned everywhere and from all parenting styles, so I will just move on with some pictures of our day. 


Chad and Ross in deep discussion




Bennett is SO sweet with Elise

Elise fell asleep on the ride back to the dock.  So sweet.



1 comment:

  1. Boating fun at it's finest with your sissy proved to be a great day!Glad Glenda was able to help with her two.Precious new family friends and I see many more fun times ahead!Thank you Lord!

    ReplyDelete