Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy Halloween: Part Two

My precious girls took a little nap after our adventures at Amelia's school and were up and raring to go to church.  Amelia got to wear makeup and Elise was just as excited to be a PIDER again.  She loved that costume so much.  They were so good while I got them ready and even though Ross was at work, I was determined for it to be super fun.




With my two cuties outside our church Fall Festival
They loved all the games and even though Elise cheated on every one, Amelia still followed the rule and loudly praised herself for doing so.  I love that they get candy no matter what!!  No broken hearts.

   
 
They loved the games but the hit of the night was definitely this giant slide.  Amelia had a hard time going up the inflatable steps in her dress and Elise needed full on help getting up them.  So I had my hand on Amelia's bottom helping her up and my other hand around Elise's waist helping her up.  My toes were digging into the steps so fiercely they were cramping up and I had no hands left to hike up my jeans, which were hovering dangerously close to my crack.  After several trips of this, I was sweating like a maniac.  But, all for the girls, right?


Then we jetted over to Jen's house for our annual trick-or-treating in her neighborhoodAll the houses participate and the people are so nice.  Jen made potato soup for me (YUM) and had snacks and chicken for the girls.  Amelia LOVED running to the door to hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters and Jen gets a ton. 

 The doorbell rang- Amelia ran to answer it- and it was ROSS!!  Jen lives super close to the hospital and he got permission to rush over for a few minutes to trick-or-treat (and have some soup, ha).  We were pumped!!!!


It was a lovely Halloween and even though there is some controversy surrounding this "holiday," I always enjoy it for what it is.  A fun chance to dress up and get free candy.  Throw in some family, games, and a bouncy slide and you've got yourself a super fun night!

2 comments:

  1. It was a super fun night for all it sounds like.Yeah! Glad Jen spoiler toy with one of your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun night! Glad Ross got to surprise you! Your girls look adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete