Friday, May 11, 2012

Questions

It has been a sad week for Ross and I.  Our dear friends lost their 22 week old baby, Meryn Grace, and the funeral was this morning.  I have just been sick for Adam and Joanna, and it brought up many memories of my best friend Allison losing her baby as well.  I just have had so many questions all week.  Questions relating to these two losses and questions related to my seemingly unending blessings.  I have been furious and sad and upset.  Standing and waiting for the service to start, I found myself staring at everyone's shoes and trying to decide what brand they were and if they were expensive or not.  Some people were quietly crying and I just refused to acknowledge where I was.  Finally, I stopped my shoe game and took in the moment.  Another one of my friends was burying a child.  It was a sweet service and the sounds of the crowd singing Jesus Loves the Little Children were so moving and Adam and Joanna were praising the Lord through their pain--such an inspirational couple. The preacher today said that Satan wants us to feel that events like this are senseless.  And that hit close to home for me because I DO feel that way and need to seek out more faithfulness.  Please pray for them as they go home and take down the crib, and return to work, and try to navigate these rough waters ahead.

 I decided to just post some pictures tonight.  When tragedy strikes close to home, I often (always) become scared and worried about my own family.  I think of "what ifs" and forget to focus on the things of God that are pure and noble and just.  Here are some excellent reminders for me.

Add caption










3 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to be there for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad for sure and so glad Ross got off to go with you.Our prayers will continue to be with them.Love the pictures of your little blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying for Adam and Joanna.

    ReplyDelete