Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

Amelia and Elise,

This day is about honoring mothers, and yet, I feel like I need to honor you

Because of you, my sweet babies, I have this priceless title of Mom.

Because of you, my cuddle bugs, I have had the privilege to rock you to sleep many hours. 

Because of you, my joyous children, I have the opportunity to relive childhood!

Because of you, my curious angels, I have been able to be a teacher every day.

Because of you, my strong-willed kiddos, I have been called to lean on the Lord for wisdom.

Because of you, my needy ones, I have been allowed to become more selfless.

Because of you, my high energy tots, I have the chance to exercise patience and stamina.


What I am trying to say is that because of you I feel loved and wanted.  Because of you I feel beautiful and young.  And so on this Mother's Day, I want to say thank you.

And, as I try to articulate often on this blog, I am forever trying to live up to the amazing compassion and love of my own mother. The one woman who has patience, stamina, and selflessness down to an art.  Happy Mother's Day to a fabulous mom.

4 comments:

  1. So true about my child. She needs every one of those virtues for the 4 grandbabies she has.She has always been a caring and good person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU Heather and mom! That is great post about your two girls! Love that scrunchy smile! You are a wonderful momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect post by my two inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those children have the absolute, without a doubt, indisputable, hottest, most loving, just plain best mother in the whole wide world!!!

    ReplyDelete