Saturday, November 12, 2011

Elise Mae's Day

We dedicated Elise last Sunday and it was such a great day. The whole family came up to celebrate our decision to dedicate her to the Lord. She looked precious and did so well up there. Amelia stood up with us also and was a very proud big sister.I took very few pictures of the day with my camera because I was just enjoying my time, but I will have to get some of Steph's and G's because they took a lot. It was nice having Ross's family and mine all together and Amelia kept saying it was like a BIG PARTY because everyone was all together.

As we were standing in front of the church, I was thinking to myself that THIS is the only thing that really matters. It is easy to get caught up in schedules and finding the perfect little outfits, and preschool, and sleeping patterns, and what's for supper, and a million other parenting worries. However, the biggest worry that should occupy the BULK of my time is making sure my girls are raised to love their Lord and love others.

Yes, their ABC's are important. Yes, I will continue to work on animal sounds with Elise. Of course I will sing songs and read books. But, Ross and I's main goal is to raise our children up in a Christian home. Everything else is secondary. And while this isn't a new revelation, it is nice to have such a beautiful day as a reminder.

I love you Elise Mae Halsted--Happy Dedication Day :)

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures of you and your girls and Elise's special day. I am so glad we could all be there!That is definitely the most important.

    ReplyDelete