Saturday, December 5, 2009

Whoooo Loves a Good Party?

Amelia was so tickled to be heading to Owen's party. No car seat tears today!





Owen's birthday party was delightful. Amy really did a fabulous job. I love anything with a theme and this party was all about owls. Owen has a lot of friends and Amelia was a little overwhelmed at first. However, once she got her hands on Owen's new toys, she was fine. She is definitely in the stage of, "I will not go to you if I do not know you. And by know you, I mean you have to have been around me within two weeks."

The cake (that Amy made) and all the other delicious food (hamburgers and hotdogs came in later and were so good). My favorite was the Almond Lemon Punch. I will be asking for the recipe--really unique flavor.





Birthday boy (wearing a partyhat orignial by his dad)






Reed (definitely Mr. Charmer at the party)


Since the party was an owl theme, Amelia had to have an owl dress. This is quite possibly the most adorable owl pattern that I have ever seen.


Amelia was obsessed with this John Deere tractor. Quite frankly, she wanted nothing to do with anything or anyone else after she found this.

Owen came over and tried to distract her in hopes of having his tractor back, but she held on tight. Check out his owl with the button eyes :)




We met such great friends through our church and we feel very blessed. Someone was partied out and fell asleep as soon as we got in the car. Check out whoooo it was. (By the way, I feel like I could have inserted a whooo reference every sentence and it wouldn't have gotten old to me, but I am sparing you people.)


5 comments:

  1. I love the dress,since I wasn't here when it came in glad it fit so well and went with the party. Looks like our girl had a great time!The boys looked cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute group of kiddos. Yes, such a huge blessing to have those friends. hmmm John Deere huh??? Be tough, but we may have to look into that. Love the owl theme !!WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the party looks like the cutest one of all time. so glad the owl dress fits. wish i could take credit for making it! haha. owen looked cute as always. loved his owl shirt. wish i had a little closer pic of the cake. amy did an incredible job!

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best dress ever!! I'm with Owen!! Owls rule!!

    ReplyDelete