Monday, December 14, 2009

Mood Swing (s)

I was in a mood yesterday. It actually started Sunday afternoon because I just did not want to come to Ft. Smith. So, I thought that if I was rude then Ross would decide he just wanted to come on his own. Plus, I was breaking out like a fourteen year old girl and although I cannot really explain how that worked into the mood. it did. However, my sweet husband was still excited to have me accompany him on the trip. What a man.

I guess the whole interview excitement has worn off for me. I'm just like, someone pick us already. Is it time to reveal our placement yet? Enough with the suspense because this is my LIFE. And really, I did not want to leave this little Christmas present.

Her bib is so cute. And so necessary. She is slobbering like a mad woman and has still not cut her top two teeth. I feel so sorry for her. I honestly cannot believe they are still sitting up there in two swollen gum pockets. However, she remains cheery and oh so endearing.

I slept the entire way to Ft. Smith and woke up feeling less grouchy. UNTIL we checked in to our Bed and Breakfast. Wuuuhheeeiird. Ross and I decided that we are not really B & B people. Give me the Hilton or Hampton or Marriott. That sounds snobby, which is hilarious considering we have no income, but that is how I feel. If I go on a vacation, I don't want to go somewhere "homey." If I wanted homey then I would have stayed at home. I called Meme with my revelation about B & B's and she said, "Yep, they aren't my bag." Ditto.

So, we check in to the themed Frontier Room. And yeeee-haw. We initially felt this...

However, we decided that we were free for the night and should just embrace our couple time. So, giddy-up...



Dinner was delightful. We ate at The Red Barn and each booth is in its own separate original stable. There is a horse name above the stable with a picture of the real horse that was trained and raced on the grounds. I had a wonderful steak and the conversation was great. Local restaurants have such a delightful atmosphere and flavor.

Then, we went to see the late showing of The Blind Side. The night just kept getting better because it was the greatest movie that I have seen in forever. Ross and I love movies based on true stories and Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses. We were so pumped after the movie that we ended up staying up until 1:30, which is usually Amelia's first bottle time ha.

Now, I am at Starbucks killing time, staring at people, and eavesdropping. Still missing this buzzy bee..But enjoying my over-priced hot chocolate. Mom said Amelia was great last night and G is watching her today. We have fabulous help. Ross is working his interview magic currently...

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Such an awesome post!!
    I love those photos. Ross should keep the cowboy hat in his everyday wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoiled spoiled lots of spoiled girls-hahahahahha
    Glad interview went well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bib! Jenner's Christmas bib says I heart coal!! He might be on the naughty list:) Oh those poor teeth....Jenner is getting his molars. He has 12 teeth now. The four in front on top and bottom and two molars on top and two molars on bottom completely through....I've just started feeding him steaks for dinner:) Amelia is a DOLL! Too cute....we need to get them together...I think Jenner would just love her:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, saw one little top tooth today,yipeee.
    Amelia is a joy for who ever gets to be with her. Glad the trip was a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love that first picture. The bib is too cute and her facial expression is priceless. I want to see The Blind Side. Glad to hear it was good.

    ReplyDelete