Friday, December 4, 2009

Taking It All In

Amelia really and truly helps me just stop and think about what matters. It honestly doesn't matter that my stomach will never be the same as it was before my c-section. It bothers me at times and even though my clothes fit, I still want to be more fit (inadverdant word play). But, honestly. I have a husband who thinks I am beautiful post c section and with brown hair and rarely in makeup. That is what matters. So, although my entire way of thinking has not been altered by my sweet girl, those thoughts are put in perspective much more easily than before. What matters is put in perspective.

And, what matters is that we have had a fabulous week at home. Amelia got a new bathtub. Her very cautious parents finally let her out of the infant tub she has been in (yes, since birth) and we got her a step up. Andrea told us about Reed's tub like this and Amelia really loves it. She can stretch her legs all the way out.



She has been playing very well by herself the last few days. One of us is in the room, but she will take her toy and kind of whisper to it and play a game with it for about ten minutes. It is really cute to watch. Mom taught her how to hug her animals and she has been doing that nonstop.

She even makes a hugging noise that I can't for the life of me figure out how to type. We are working on her giving them a kiss. Another thing she loves to do is turn and pose if I am trying to get a candid shot.

Exhibit A






Exhibit B





We got Amelia her first stocking this week. She picked it out all on her own. It definitely wasn't my choice, but this is the one she picked while we were in Target. And as Steph says, don't give your kid a choice if you really have a preference. So, Mr. Snowman stocking it is. You can't see him that well in this picture, but I love in because of Amelia's smile and Ross's crazy hair/face.
Tonight we went to Ashley and Bryan's house for a delicious supper of my favorite meal of all time. Poppyseed Chicken! She had no idea it was my favorite, but I was beyond excited. It was so good and Deacon and Amelia had a blast playing the night away. I have always thought Deacon could pass for Amelia's brother.




Deacon let Amelia ride his truck and she was VERY excited about it.




It was a great night and now we are in our cozy apartment. I wish I had gotten a picture of Ashley's Christmas tree because it is beautiful. On the way home I told Ross, "Man, my dream one day is to have a tall, skinny tree like that. Kind of like I love the New England style tall, skinny homes." Ross paused and I wondered (like I often do) if he even heard me. Then he said, "Kind of like you like your husbands, tall and skinny." Ha ha. He cracks me up.

6 comments:

  1. love the pictures,so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still cracking up over tall and skinny-Go Ross Man! Darling photos!So sweet her loving her animals like we did-our sound is ummmm-mm sweet bear.kisskiss HAHAHHAAHA! Miss everyone LUV, GAMMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever think anything about writing short stories Heather. May be a thing to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a bathtub like that, loved it! Her little pose is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THE CURL.So glad she found a Christmas sox. Isn't great she has all those little boys to play with. Deacon is so cute. Waiting for birthday pictures of owl party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the new tub. much better for her. deacon is precious. tall and skinny is hilarious!

    steph

    ReplyDelete