Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Seven Months

*First of all, that last post included some of my favorite comments ever. Great job rhyming commenters :)

Okay, on to the birthday girl. She is more beautiful than ever. These blue eyes have captured our hearts and seven moths later we are completely changed. Completely.

At seven months, Amelia is pulling up on her own and standing with quite a bit of balance.

She is rapidly crawling everywhere--I definitely can't leave the room when she is playing. She sleeps on the couch with me. I know, I know. We are still working on the bed. No, I am not joking. We are still working on it :) Amelia still loves books, but it is a little harder to read to her these days. She wants to hold the book by herself and twist it upside down. Her favorite books have flaps and sound effects.

Amelia is a happy gal and no matter your mood or day, this smile makes everything okay. She has just started squinting her eyes and nose for her silly smile.


She weighs 14 pounds and 15 ounces (a tiny tooter) but is strong. Here she is pulling up in her crib and as you can see, she is pretty proud of herself.
Amelia says "dadadada" constantly, but no "m" sound to speak of. I love to hear her babble a little conversation.

This was my last Monday at school. The Lord has truly revealed to me that this was his orchestrated plan. The man that was hired to take my place the rest of the year met with me today and revealed how he had been praying for a way to get into education, but couldn't justify quitting his nice paying advertising job. As he struggled with this, he was laid off and this job literally fell in his lap. I was almost in tears when I heard what an answered prayer this position was for him.

Seven months. Thankful. Undeserving. Humbled. Elated.

Prayers for Amelia's friend Walker who just had his six month birthday and is at Children's having a ton of tests run. Amy is such a strong mom, but she would appreciate your prayers too. Walker is having some seizures, but the source of them is undetermined at this time. We love you Walker.

8 comments:

  1. Love the squinty smile for sure and that first photo best-so sweet and special-what a big shot in her bed standing-Go Amelia Claire!!!!!!! Gammy loves you!
    We are praying for little Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. She can do so much! It's amazing. I'm so proud you get to stay home with Amelia. And that a great man is taking your place at PA. That story made me cry. Love all the new pics. I like to see her standing up.

    Still praying for little Walker. And the rest of the fam to stay strong.

    Loveyou!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't believe how tiny she is! caedmon weighed that at like 3 months! she's so precious!
    that age was AWESOME! but it just somehow gets better and better...she'll continue to amaze you.
    we need to get our babies together to make blue-eyed babies! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a doll and I love hearing how God weaved his plan through you and the guy replacing you...He sure knows what He's doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pop and I love the pictures and the blog you do. Of course WE think she is the cutest thing ever and so clever. Oh my, now a different smile,changes so fast.

    Our prayers go out daily for Walker,hopefully answers will come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and tiny little thing. Jordan is 4 months and weighs almost as much as Amelia. I told her she was my cupcake cuz she is short, round, and sweet! Anyway, I am so EXCITED that you get to STAY HOME with Amelia!!!! What a blessing! Walker, you are in our prayers buddy! You too Amy Jo. We love you all.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those leg warmers/ tights....get it girl

    ReplyDelete