Monday, September 28, 2009

Day One

Stay-at-home mom. Something I never thought I would be. To be honest, something I never wanted to be. A mom--yes. But staying at home? Creatively stifled? Non-productive in a worldly sense? That's when it hit me. All of these thoughts are according to the WORLD that I so desperately seek approval in. Even me. Even with my, "I don't care and I will do what I feel is right" mentality, I still do care. We all do on some level. We are humans.

But this morning as Amelia and I played before her nap, I knew this was right for me at this time in my life. My mother wins the prize of motherhood. In fact, this weekend she was called, "so nice that she needs to be in Pleasantville," by one of my friends. And she was a working mom. Always worked. Still working. My point is, I don't think that by staying at home that I am achieving a status of SUPER MOM. I really don't. This is just what I feel, and what Ross feels, that I need to be doing right now. It will be tough---money will be tight (to non-existent)----fatigue will still strike (maybe even more so) --but, the decision is liberating. Last week I was very sad to leave my school. I cried and questioned the decision. However, today, the Lord has given me a peace.

Love my Girl

Mom and Dad came down this weekend and we had a blast. Yes, Dad and Ross went golfing, so lets just get that over with right off the bat. Mom rocked Amelia and rocked and rocked ha.
While Dad and Ross golfed, we had girl shopping day at Target and Amelia did great riding in the cart. Towards the end of the trip she wanted to be held, but she did great then too. She scored these sweet new pink boots out of the trip.
We went on a walk because the weather was so nice and Amelia thinks Gampy is hilarious. She laughs at everything he does and says. He took these pictures of her and I love them.
We blew some bubbles on the walk and I thought Amelia would love them. However, she was only mildly impressed. If even that..We got to go on a date Saturday night and Mom and Dad kept Owen so that Amy and Kyle could join us. We had fajitas and Cozymel's and it was so delish. Then, we went to see The Informant. Dinner and a movie is rare for new parents. Really rare. We had such a blast.
Great day here and I hope a great day wherever you are :)


7 comments:

  1. Glad you girls are having fun!!! Dinner and a movie...huh...what's that like? Jason and I just realized that we haven't been on a date in too long...our fault...we're going to fix that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute kid !!!!!!!!! So glad she thinks her Gammpy is funny,that pleases him. Of course Nay is the best,hmmmm yes, I would think THAT !!!!!!! Glad you had a night out with friends. Owen and Amelia can have a lot of play time now.
    Can't wait for our turn this weekend.
    Meam

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a touching blog. love love it. and you are right, amelia gets more and more beautiful. can't wait to see you this weekend.

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for first day as stay at home mom-yeah for Amelia being such a fun fun little Buzzy Bee and loving to shop with us--oh yes and of course looking great in her new outfits and boots!!!!!!! Thanks to the Lord for helping you realize this is his will for you right now. Love you my first born child!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics of amelia on her walk. I really like the close up. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend. :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know we are all now going to expect day two, day three, day four...etc.
    I bet you can pull it off - have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO happy for you!! Amelia looks so cute in her hat!! (and in all of her pictures...!)

    ReplyDelete