Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day Two

Today was wonderful and lots of playing and book reading took place. However, I want to focus on sleeping and Amelia's inability to do so alone. We are currently on the third rocking and placing in the crib and it is not even nine. Hmmm.

Nap time was a joke yesterday and today. Seventeen minutes in her crib this morning. Seriously. That was with THREE rockings and placing back in. I counted the time for that too. She was so sleepy that she was asleep the second I picked her up.

Leave her in her crib you say? Well she pounds her head on the side of the crib. Or, she stands up and tries to pull her mobile down. Not safe.


Amelia decided if she wasn't going to be held that she didn't even need a nap.


Anyway, we are getting serious about this sleeping issue. She is getting too big to hold and rock all night. And, I am getting too tired to do so :) I will keep you updated and hold myself accountable. (ish)

Kayla is in labor right now this very second as I am typing. SO EXCITED. I asked her to wait and be induced when I came home this weekend, but I guess I will get over it.

What beautiful weather! Buzz and I took a long walk and had such a wonderful chat while we were out and about. She is such a sweet girl.

I love The Biggest Loser. Love it. And The Amazing Race. Two greatest reality shows ever. And I love The Office. It is my only non-crying show. Ha.

4 comments:

  1. It is ok Amelia sleep for mommy in the bed and when you come here you can sleep with Gam-hahahhahahahahahahha love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the deal....Just enjoy your time and stop stressing,.Her Gammy did not do baby beds either,slept with me until 2 yrs old and beyond. It all works out Heather. Take the mobile down now. Love ya, Meam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Lil' Buzzy has mom's temperament
    Ah, poor Ross. :^)
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete