Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Big, Bigger, and Biggest

Big:
Amelia Claire now PULLS UP on things completely by herself, i.e. the couch, pack n play, crib, foot stool and people. Before, I was helping her stand up, but now she is doing it all on her own. It is so cute to watch her stand there by herself and then get the guts to let go totally ha ha. That lasts about one second before she topples. Oh, and these are Ross's shoes from when he was a little lad. How cool?!


We finally got to go home to Harrison after five weeks and Jen, Robert, and Jared came down from Springfield to see Amelia. There was a lot of family and a lot of baby talk. Amelia handed all of the attention beautifully. She got a little fussy on Sunday and started running a slight fever and I was terrified that it was her ears again, but after having them checked out on Monday and getting the all clear, turns out she is probably just teething.

Fun with Poppy---standing of course



Ross had a birthday! He got some great presents and it was his first birthday as a daddy. I love him so much and I am so proud of how great he is doing his Senior year. Plus, he is so stinking cute. That certainly doesn't hurt.




Bigger:
I got a new phone. Sigh. Such a sad day when Mean Green decided to no longer turn on. The man at Verizon was in total shock when I pulled my phone out and said, "Can you fix this?" They could not fix him, had no parts, had no charger, blah blah. I got a new phone and honestly I love it. I hate to even admit that because I feel like I am betraying my friend of ten years. According to the computer, Mean Green was purchased on May 20th, 1999. Presh.


Biggest:
So, my main reason for not blogging is that I was sorting out a LOT of things and now that they are sorted, I can breath and blog. I am quitting my job. Whew. There are many things that went into this decision and I am ecstatic, but at the same time, I am fighting this need for justification. I want to list all of the reasons that it made sense for me to stay home with Amelia for this year. However, I am not going to. This is the decision Ross and I made and I am grateful for your support.

Did that sink in? I am going to be a stay-at-home-mom!! Dare I say that at one point I could not comprehend how ANYONE could stay home all day with their children? Yeah, isn't life funny? I love teaching and am very passionate about it. Hopefully the Lord will open up the door for me to return to teaching in His time, but for this year, I am teaching Amelia and I couldn't be happier.

What a load off. My last day is September 25th. Thanks to everyone who listened to me talk it through and talk it through and talk it through.

5 comments:

  1. You are welcome talk it through girl! The Lord showed you it was right, no justification needed.Go Ross man, sorry I missed that delicious cake! Oh my sweet girl getting sooo bigggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, for one, I could not be happier with the decision. Thanks to the Lord for showing the way to go. Darling picture of my Mr. and Buzzy. Ross has done great and we are proud of him and his accomplishments.
    Meam

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great that you are going to be able to stay home with Amelia. You will love it (although I'm sure you know that)!! I CANNOT believe you had the same phone for 10 years! I had that phone back in 99. Mine usually last about a year, if that, before they bite the dust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the photo of Amelia standing in red, white, and blue. Her chubby little legs look so cute from that angle. It was a blast having you home this weekend! Pictureka! I'm very proud that you get to stay home with Amelia (and see us more too). Good decision. You are a fabulous teacher and I know you will come back to it.

    Whitey tighty is wondering why he didn't get a photo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the red ball jets!
    Amelia might be a basketball player after all..

    ReplyDelete