Friday, February 20, 2015

Thankful To Say The Least

 Thanksgiving itself is such a mindset.  Not the holiday, but the act of giving thanks.  I have read a few books on giving thanks and done some Bible studies and it seems that it always comes back to the state of our heart.  Our attitude and our speech both are a reflection of our gratitude- or lack thereof.  I'm not sure why it is so easy to fall into a woe is me mindset, but I am so thankful for quick and swift reminders that get me back on track.  I have so much to be thankful for and so often I am fearful when I hear stories of others and their pain.  Those that have lost.  And suffered.  I whisper urgent prayers for them quickly followed with, "Please don't let that be me.  Please don't let that be my family."  I feel guilty for these prayers, but they come so immediately.  No one wants to suffer and go through trials.  However, in varying degrees, they come.  I pray I can remember to give thanks in those moments as well as in the mountain top moments. 

We left on Thanksgiving morning to head to Harrison and we were so excited. 
 The morning started off with snuggling on the couch and watching a the parade.  It is funny what sticks in the girls head--they definitely remembered this from last year and insisted the parade watching tradition at Gammy and Gampy's continued.

 That afternoon we all had a delicious meal at Mom and Dad's and took turns writing what we were thankful for on a sign the girls and I had painted.  It was our first year to do that and we had a good time reading everyones. 
 SO thankful that Ross was with us for Thanksgiving and not on call. Love this sweet, hardworking man of mine.  I can remember crying in the bathroom not that many Thanksgivings ago and trying to wipe my eyes so that no one would know.  I desperately hoped that I would have a Thanksgiving to celebrate with a husband and children.  How I wish that girl would have been more faithful and known that this most precious husband and children were on their way. 
 The weather was just PERFECT this year for our tree decorating.  Our sweet tree down by the pond didn't fare too well, so we moved him up to Meme and Pop's front yard and decorated him there.  I love my sweet Poppy so much.  He was determined to carry on this tradition and make it work.







We got so much time together playing and snuggling and that is really and truly my biggest THANKS.  I love quality time and feel so warm and fuzzy whenever I am with my whole family.  Cue the tears.  So thankful we live close enough to enjoy these moments. 

1 comment:

  1. It was a truly wonderful Thanksgiving! Being behind means getting to remember and recount our amazing blessings!

    ReplyDelete