Monday, December 9, 2013

November Birthdays

All these snow days and winter fun and I have let November slip right on by!  We had two special birthdays back to back- Meme and Livvy.

We had a fabulous time celebrating Meme's 77th with a teapot party.  A fun time at Mom's and Aunt Sherry had just arrived from TX that very day, so it was a great way to kick off her visit.
Elise clung to her Aunt Jen at Meme's party.  She hadn't seen her in a while and it was so sweet!

Sassy pie was posing and too busy to cling to anyone.
 My Meme and I have a very special relationship and we always have.  I am so thankful for texting and emailing and talking on the phone because I remember being so very afraid that when I went to college, married and moved away, and had kids, that things would change each time.  I was so worried we wouldn't talk as much, but I chuckle at those fears, because it just means that I have MORE to talk to her about.  I pray my mom is that for my girls and that at 77 she is often their go-to when they just need to vent to someone other than their mom. Someone to get advice from or a strong prayer warrior to see them through big and small life events. So proud to be her first-born grandchild.
Blurry, but I had to post a picture with the birthday girl!!
Awesome teapot cake by Jen
Ok, so she DID find someone to cling to, haha


So glad Aunt Sherry was there for the party


 Livvy Poodle had a Minnie Mouse party for the big T W O.  She is just talking up a storm and FULL of a lovable and wild personality. And she had a party just to suit her.  The house was full of loud laughter and love and Stephanie had it decorated perfectly (as per usual).  We had a brunch this year with delish breakfast burritos, muffins, yogurt parfaits, and cake pops and cupcakes.  Cereal, fruit, you name it.  Liv loved all her presents and was so cute opening them.  I was proud of the other girls too because they (mostly) let it be all about her and have her time with each gift. 










 It was a great day, but Liv Riley will always be our sweet baby of the bunch!



3 comments:

  1. Special times for special people! So thankful for all of them! great close up shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love picture blogs of our fun times,You do a great job on shots....Hope I can hang on many yrs to come. Pop loves your blogs of writing,he thinks you are best writer of all times. Of course, remember, you are our first born grandchild.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful writing, summing it all up. Seems like my poodle has been 2 forever instead of 3 short months.

    ReplyDelete