Wednesday, June 19, 2013

We're Heeeere!

We have moved in and officially live in AR again!  I was such a nervous ball of stress those four days it took to get one house loaded and packed and unpacked here.  Sheesh.  So thankful for all the help that we had.  I cannot imagine doing it without Mom having the girls.  It makes my heart ache for those that don't have help in big, life-changing occurrences because I know there are those out there that are on their own.  Amy Jo came over and helped me get everything arranged for the girls because I was most concerned with their room being perfect. 

The transition has been incredibly smooth.  God's blessings have been poured out over us- most definitely.  The girls have not said anything about Ozark or missing our old house or anything that I was worried about.  So far, so good.  I'm so thankful the move was in the summer because it is such a fun season.  Water and sun and popsicles help every situation, ha.

We Are Loving:

Our street.  We live at the end of a dead end street and in a small cul-de-sac and so there is virtually no traffic.  Coming from a house on a VERY busy street, the girls are amazed they can ride bikes and scooters and their little car out in the street.  It has been so wonderful to let them just get those things out to use without having to drive somewhere safe enough.



Dance.  I was pretty upset when I couldn't get the girls in gymnastics here (we are on the waiting list) so I signed them up for a little summer session of dance and they are crazy about it!  They seriously are loving their Tap/Ballet combo class.  It is adorable to watch and Amelia even added an extra Jazz class she liked it so much.   I loved dancing when I was younger and it makes me happy to see them trying something new and building confidence. 


The Library. For a town this size, the library here is amazing.  It is so new and clean and has a wonderful book selection.  The girls have their own cards and can self-scan and checkout their own materials.  Amelia was so thrilled by this.  There are cute reading areas and computers and we are doing the Summer Reading program right now.  So, so happy.  Also, there is a precious attached to the library and we had a yummy lunch on the patio.  We are also doing the three week puppet class in the afternoons and it has been a lot of fun.  Really exciting programs offered.  I feel like I should be their spokesperson...




1 comment:

  1. First post about move hits the nail on the head!It has gone so well with so many wonderful people inviting you for play dates and lunch already.I am so thankful the girls love dance.I have seen it build confidence and make a shy girl feel a part and come out of her shell already in one years time.Can't wait to watch these girls!As the wonderful mom you are,I knew you would find every opportunity the town had to offer your family.Thankful the girls already love Sunday School! :)They show joy in each picture!

    ReplyDelete