Friday, June 21, 2013

Big Sister, Little Sister

 On our morning walks, Elise usually talks to her baby and has to be reminded several times not to get too far away.  And usually, I can look down and see my sweet Buzz right under my feet. 

Sometimes it seems these two are as different as night and day, and while I love experiencing their different personalities, I have found my response to them to be troubling.  I often find myself saying, "Well, your sister..."  Had no trouble sitting still, ate all her food, put her toys away, isn't yelling, doesn't do that, is minding, etc.  The list goes on.  Amelia pointed out the other day while I was in a "Well, your sister.." moment that God made us all different.  And oh, did he.  So, I will be making a concentrated effort to not compare behaviors or try to get something out of one girl by pointedly praising the other.  Less sister discipline and more individual.  We shall see how it goes.  Because the last thing I ever want to do is create conflict between these two angels by my poor word/parenting choices.
Need to make a change?  Just do it!

1 comment:

  1. Glad Amelia and Elise understand that and love fine who they are and how God made them! each have traits that make you shout with joy!

    ReplyDelete