Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wedding Weekend

Two weekends ago we went to Harrison for my cousin Taylor's wedding.  Amelia was insanely excited and I tried and tried to convince her that it wasn't going to be some grandiose carnival.  She couldn't be convinced and was chomping at the bit.  Before the wedding we had some lovely cousin time at the Arts Festival downtown.  The weather was brisk when we started, making it the perfect day. 

Yummy donuts


Cracks me up.  Cool cat Ing with her donut.
 I got the girls some tie dye shirts at the art festival and Steph and I got friendship bracelets (Steph, I still have yours).  We met up with G and walked around to browse in some stores and this one was the most popular.  The girls got new Toms, but this toy area was FAR more exciting to them.  They played here so nicely.
Toys that aren't yours = extra fun.
 Uncle DD met us for lunch at Master Chef and then we went out to sit in his new VW Bus.  Exciting!

After naps, it was finally time for the wedding.  I was STILL trying to downplay it to Amelia, but she wasn't having it.


Mom and Dad got the girls these cute new dresses!





The wedding was beautiful and Amelia proved me wrong by being very into it.  "What is that candle for?"  "Why can't those people walk down the aisle by themselves?"  "Why are they standing up on the steps?"  "Why is there a special song?"  It was fun to talk about with her and she informed me, "I like Taylor's dress, but mine will be WAY poofier."

Elise did not prove me wrong and could not sit still more than one second, so thanks to Gampy for going outside with her and missing the whole thing.

The reception was the big kicker though.  These girls danced and danced and danced.





Such a fun evening and all four of the girls acted wonderful. I thoroughly loved all the family time we had and was just sad that Rossco missed out.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor looked very pretty and everyone loved it! It was such a great weekend! You got some cute shots!

    ReplyDelete