Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Preschool Update

Amelia has declared from the rooftops that she loves her new preschool and when she made a wish in an imaginary fountain recently, she whispered to me that her wish was, "That I could go to school every day and my whole life."  I hope that she always loves school.  My most favorite memories involve learning and new notebooks and sports and best friends for life and I pray my girls have a lovely, similar experience.  Here are some school shots. 

Orange Day

Amelia loves thematic anything and so she was delighted when we got the newsletter declaring September "Color Month." 

 Brown Day/Bear Day
 Her dress barely had any brown on it and she said that was fine because it was much more all about the bear for her.  She was so tickled to take Hearties to school with her.  This is definitely her favorite stuffed animal and she sleeps with it each night.  They got to take their bears to recess and that was the highlight of the day. 

Green day/Apple Day

 She was adamant that she was going to take two apples with her even though the note said one.  I was finally convinced when she said she would take it for Mrs. Lisa.  When I picked her up she could hardly wait to tell me that a little girl forgot her apple and THANK GOODNESS she had an extra to give her.  Well played Buzz. 

 - She has received all green dots each day.  They have a chance to earn them in Attitude, Sharing, Listening, and Participating.  If she fills up her whole sheet, she gets to go to Jumping Joeys with her dad.  Right now she acts terrified of getting a yellow or red dot.  I hope it continues.

-She says her best friend is Aiden because he, "won't leave me alone."  HAHA.  She said that he sits by her and always asks to play with her so she just does.  Maybe he has a crush??

-I love that she eats lunch with ME and naps at our HOME.  I am cherishing every single second of this because I know next year she needs to go all day long.  Every day.  And instead of focusing on my heart, which will surely break, we are just living it up.  Together.


Oh, one more thing, her school last year was fabulous.  I in no way tend to act like her experience  wasn't great.  It is a fabulous preschool, but I am seeing that the peace she and I have this year is just an entirely different feeling than we had last year.  I don't have to coach her each morning and talk about her loving it and being good, etc.  Part of that could be that she is older, but I feel this is an answered prayer:  no nap, smaller building, perfect teacher fit, and true educational activities. 


2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'm glad you found a preschool that is a perfect fit for you and Amelia. She looks so excited in all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT FIT FOR OUR BEE!!!!!! She is precious and I too hope she loves all school and school events she does through the years! So glad she had the extra apple!

    ReplyDelete