Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fun Acre

Last week Ross was on nights.  For the past year I have been trying to implement a new policy on my blog where I don't complain about his awful hours because you guys already know they stink.  So, this is my first mention of him having nights (and it was a horribly long week at that) in a while.  There were a few fun moments where he sacrificed sleep to hang with the girls (who were missing him so) during the day.  We were looking for Jumping Joeys (which reminds me of some pics to post) on Tuesday and drove past it, only to come upon this mini golf treasure.  This place is a little hidden oasis.  It is time frozen.  Tucked away on a side street.  It seriously was the cutest thing and so we went back on Thursday to golf.  The girls were free and Ross and I were two bucks.

I made up a story in my head that the precious little man working so hard sweeping the greens owned this place and it was passed along through generations and was all alone in the world and all he had was this Fun Acre.  No matter the story, he was so precious and Ross even said, "Brings a tear to your eye, seeing him work so hard, huh?"
Elise picking out a ball

Adorable mini golfer ready for action




I didn't golf because I had to chase someone all over the course.  Elise did a hole or two, but mostly explored.  This was fine because no one was there but us.  Amelia did a great job and really enjoyed herself!  We were proud of her patience because that is not one of her most celebrated characteristics.

The sweet man ran over and filled these rectangles with water before we putted on this hole



Hole in One!

A working windmill on hole 18

The girls had never seen a batting cage and were amazed at watching (and cheering) for Dad.  ($.25)

 

1 comment:

  1. Love some mini golf and think I have been there when Jen's boys were small. Cute story for the man-lol- Love these cute golfers and explorers.

    ReplyDelete