Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Preschool 2012

 Here is my sweet baby looking SO grown up at her meet the teacher night.

 
It was a great night and her teacher was so sweet.  Amelia was pretty shy when we got there, but she started playing (by herself) after a little encouraging.  She eventually played with a few people and seemed comfortable by the time we left.  Ross was working, so I had Elise to watch too and let's just say she was NOT shy.  That evening Amelia cried at bedtime because she said she would be nervous when I left on the first day.  I reassured her and we prayed for her to be brave.

Amelia was VERY excited on the first day, thank goodness. Here she is looking as adorable as ever. 
Here she is last August!
 She did a little jumping and dancing outside, of course.


 She went in with NO tears.  We talked incessantly all the way there about how much fun it would be and how awesome that she had a cubby and on and on and on.  I was elated that there were no tears!!  They have a one way window where you can spy and I just lingered there for five or so minutes to make sure she was okay.  My sweet girl!
Day Two
Love this dress!


Amelia Backstory:  Event though I loved Amelia's preschool last year, I was unhappy with the fact that Amelia had a very hard time during naptime.  I dreaded noon all day when I dropped her off and I just hoped she didn't get in too much trouble for not napping.  She never falls asleep until around 1:30 and most days just wouldn't nap and all and then would be cranky that evening.  PLUS, the school didn't have an academic curriculum (which I knew going in, but was not as happy with this year).  I told Ross that I just wished I had gone with my gut and researched other preschools, but I knew I had waited too late. 

Lisa is in Sunday School with me and literally two weeks before we were to start, she said she got a job at this preschool that added a new three year old class.  She was saving Amelia a spot if I wanted.  We talked curriculum and field trips and structure and I just knew this was the fit I was looking for.  She is done at 11:30 and it makes me so happy to pick her up and eat with her and snuggle her in for a nap at our own house.  She has table time and letter time and other structured centers and I just feel so blessed that the Lord opened this up.  Amelia handled switching schools way better than I thought.  I dreaded telling her because she just loved her old school.  Thankfully, she was easy to convince that this new place was a great switch. 

Elise Backstory:  I still rock Elise for nap and I still hold her.  Yes, I know she is going to be two soon.  All summer I had a pit in my stomach thinking of sending her to school away from me for hours.  The reasons that we were sending her just didn't hold up and Ross just helped me decide to keep her with me.  I immediately felt relieved and my tiniest baby is still home with me.

3 comments:

  1. Each decision you and Ross made worked perfect for the girls !!!! WHAT A RELIEF, no nap time, no Elise Mae in school all day long. WHEWWWWWWWWWWWW Happy fall and winter time !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Amelia Claire who loves her preschool so much! It is amazing the change from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 on how much older she looks.All preshy outfits too! Of course Elsie Mae can just wait and start in Bomber Land at the same age her sister did and be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures. Amelia's hair is so long! I rock Chance to sleep for naps too. Otherwise he wouldn't sleep.

    ReplyDelete