Saturday, August 4, 2012

Kansas City: Part Two- Fabulous

Let me start off this post by saying that three other couples switched hotels after staying one night in the scary one.  So, I'm a trendsetter if you will.  We didn't have to suffer one night due to my crying fit.  Yahooo. After we got settled, Ross had a meeting and I went to workout and swim.  Perfect.  The workout room had refrigerated towels for you after you got done sweating it out.  How cool is that?

The first night we went bowling with the Cox recruiters and it was a ton of fun.  I didn't break 100 and Ross and I got beat, and I still had a blast.  It was cozy and ritzy and there were couches and I had the best mini slider burgers ever.  Such a fun place and all free that night :)



I talked Ross into ordering room service when we got back and we had a trio of desserts that were awesome.  He couldn't be talked into eating the actual desserts in bed due to his OCD nature, but they tasted just as delish in the chairs.

The next morning Ross had an all day event and so I read, swam, lounged, ran, and walked to meet Emily for breakfast.  This was our view.  KC is beautiful and I guess I never really knew it!

We shopped a bit (and a bit more) and had lunch before heading back to our rooms for a nap.  I ended up reading though.  I read a fabulous novel, Alias Grace, and just couldn't put it down.   Ross came back and we got watched some Olympics and then got ready for a dinner downtown.  The food was delicious (never had a bad meal the whole trip) and the company was wonderful. 



The next morning was my birthday and I woke up feeling ready to rock n roll.  31 is still way young, right?
Emily and I went to the Hallmark museum and I loved seeing the vintage cards and ornaments. 

I treated myself to a pedicure with some birthday money from Mom and Dad and it was my first one in well over a year.  I took another book with me to sneak in some more reading time.  Then Ross and I went to a different part of the city to look around and eat at The Cheesecake Factory.  This was our first time to eat here and the food did not disappoint.  My favorite meal of the trip for sure.  We had avocado egg rolls with cashew dipping sauce and orange chicken.  OH MY WORD.

Then we headed to the outdoor theater to see Peter Pan.  We both love musicals (whew) and this was our first time to see a big production in an outdoor theater.  I was curious as to how it would go.  There was a lovely breeze and it was so awesome being outside for the show.  I absolutely loved it. LOVED. 

The next morning we were going to get up and go to the zoo, but we decided we would rather sleep in and just get breakfast at Panera and head home.  Both of us were ready to see the girls.  It was a great trip away with Ross.  We discussed tons of stuff, big and small.  One thing that we kept coming back to was how rich the girls make our life feel.  The blessings that continue to pour out on us are overwhelming.  It was also nice for me to be reminded how much I love Ross.  Aside from the laundry and his long hours and the nitpicking and the trash not getting taken out.  Aside from normal life.  I love him with all my heart and will fulfill my vow to love him and honor our marriage forever.  I know that in the every day, but it was sure nice to really feel that.  To stroll hand in hand.  To eat a long dinner.  It is nice because now I'm back to the eye rolling and comments under my breath.  Wink.

4 comments:

  1. Always loved K.C.Mo back in the day,had a fun life there.So many fun,fun things to do in the area. Nice you went to Starlight,have great memories of that also.
    Wayyy to many WONDERFUL places to stay in downtown K.C.,one time your whine was a good thing.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday treat looks
    delish! You both look great and I am so glad it was fun fun fun! Guess that is the closest you will get that card designing dream for Hallmark when you were so young-lol I am glad you go to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this recap. You had such an awesome trip! Hooray for fun times away with the husband. Much needed and much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm a little late, but just now getting caught up...

    Love this post! Sounds like such a fun trip, and we always have a good time when we go to KC, too. Cheesecake Factory is one of our all-time faves!! So glad it did not disappoint. 31 looks fab on you :) and so happy you and Ross got to catch up on some very important couple time.

    AT

    ReplyDelete