Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to Poppy

One of my main goals last week, other than Elise getting better of course, was to make it to Pop's 81st birthday party scheduled for Saturday. I just kept focusing on us all being together, laughing, and praising the Lord for Elise being out of the hospital. Yummy cake, hugs, toys, and sunny weather. We moved the party from Harrison to Springfield so that Elise wouldn't have to make the trip and we moved it from Saturday to Sunday to give her an extra day of rest, but GOAL COMPLETED!!!

I always look forward to family parties, but I was especially excited to be heading to this one. Jen had everything with a green theme and we started with homemade playdough. Jared found this recipe and it was so soft and perfect! The girls had a blast with it.


It was Derek and Steph's first time to see Elise since she had been hospitalized. They were tickled to give her some hugs and kisses.
The weather was GORGEOUS which just topped off the perfect afternoon. The girls played in the sandbox and it was also a huge hit. We don't have one, but of course Aunt Jen does because she has everything fun! And, she also had a huge swingset...which we don't have, haha. Can you see why Amelia always wants to stay over there?


And then Jen brings out the bubbles (homemade that were way bigger than store bought) and all bets are off. Coolest party ever!!!



Pop got some good presents and we had a yummy shamrock cake. I love my Poppy so much and have so many memories of him standing over his cake blowing out the candles. He's always silly and in a good mood; ready for a conversation of any kind. Hard to believe he is 81 when to me he is still climbing up in the loft of his old barn with me. So thankful that he continues to be a huge part of my life and my girls' lives. I love you Poppy--Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

  1. Awww...how sweet!! Love all the pictures in this blog...big grins in each one. Precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great party. Our poppy is the best! And I was oh so happy to see my leesy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog on the big b/d party. Jen always goes overboard and WE ALL LOVE IT!!! LOL
    We had two celebrations that day,Leesy well,and Mr. 81. Fun,fun !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great party by Jen with our wonderful family and we have so much to be thankful for!I love all the fun pictures!Thank you Lord for our blessings!

    ReplyDelete