Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dinosaur Eggs

I ran across an interesting idea on this blog the other day and decided to give it a try. Amelia is really into dinosaurs and dragons lately, so we called them dinosaur eggs and she was so ready to try it. A lot of crafts I find, I just don't have the supplies on hand, but this was easy: cotton balls. Haha. She really enjoyed mixing the food coloring into the flour and water (which I didn't anticipate) and thought that was a very important job. Someone else was very interested in watching.Next we soaked the cotton balls in the different colors. Amelia wanted to make sure that it was okay to get her hands totally dirty while dipping. She asked me around a million times. I wasn't sure what Elise would do and she wasn't really into dipping the cotton ball, but loved dabbing the mixture on paper.




At one point while painting, Elise swiped some paint across the lens of my camera and then went right back to her paper..


After they were baked, they were hard as a rock on the outside, but still fluffy on the inside. Amelia and Elise fed them to their babies and made a sidewalk out of them and then we hid them from each other and found them. They transformed into Easter eggs and we sorted them by color. From start to finish (making them and then playing with them) we had an activity that lasted most of the entire morning!

3 comments:

  1. This is a craft I never heard of. Wonder if Jen knows this one,LOL Looks like fun to me. Glad the girls had a big time of it. You can think of some interesting ideas to fill their hours..GOOD JOB..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found this one, and it was fun and they loved it! You do lots of fun things!They look like they enjoyed it,and of course Elise did that-cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that idea. I love that they transformed into Easter eggs too. :) Good job on crafting sister. Good job!

    ReplyDelete