Thursday, September 18, 2014

Open House for Kindergarten

 Amelia was SO ready for her Open House.  I am the co-Building Coordinator for the school (I help head up the parent volunteers) and so I had to sit at our sign in table the rest of the night.  Mom and Dad came up to take the girls home afterwards and so they got to go on the tour of the school with us!  Poor Rossco missed out.
 Amelia was not nearly as shy as normal.  She answered her teacher when she asked her a question and really seemed happy and excited.  This made my heart feel so much joy.  It has taken me a while to accept that Amelia is not me.  I know that is silly, but it is true.  She acts so much like me at times that I forget she has a totally different personality.  Amelia is timid in groups and quite shy at first when she meets people.  That is hard for me to fathom and I used to be bad about calling attention to it or making her feel silly for being HER.  I'm no where near perfect, but working on this. 

 She was so pumped to find her class table in the lunchroom.  Isn't she just the cutest?

This was a fabulous night to get me prepared for K the next week.  When I saw how ready she was and how the excitement was building, I couldn't help but get so excited too.  Yahooo for school!

3 comments:

  1. Always loved open house as a child. I remember running to see my old teachers and seeing friends.We never missed one. I was so thankful you let me share in this special time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recap of open house! Her school looks like the cutest ever. I'm so happy she shares our love for school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new posts! Loved these pics of sweet Amelia ready for school!

    AT

    ReplyDelete