Sunday, October 5, 2014

Amelia's First Day of Kindergarten

This day was nothing like I expected.  We all got up and were happy as larks.  Even thought it was WAY earlier than we had woken up all summer, we did it.  Amelia was THRILLED and surprisingly, I was too.  All of my previous sadness seemed to have dissipated and I was in full on crazy about school mode.


A huge part of me being so calm was that I got to walk Amelia into the school and watch her go into the gym.  My heart broke for all the parents that were having to just drop their kids off in the car line and trust me, my heart was leaping for joy ALL day at that privilege.  I volunteered making copies the whole morning until lunch and was so excited waiting for the lunch bell. 
 
It was so fun getting to see the kids come into the lunchroom for the first time and get their trays.  Obviously, I was the most excited to check in on one super sweet girl.
All of my sweet family and friends were calling and texting throughout the day and it made the entire event that much more special.   The final bell rang and I could have just squeezed Mil Bug into pieces.  I was so tickled to get my arms around her and get her home.  Successful first day of K!

1 comment:

  1. She loved it from first day on. She is now a pro! Loves her teacher and has many friends.So proud of our first kindergartener! So thankful for answered prayers!

    ReplyDelete