Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Elise Mae Starts Pre-K

 Elise almost missed her first day of school.  OOPS.  I had in my head (and swear I had seen it on paper) that she started the same day as Amelia (WEDNESDAY).  That makes sense, right??  Sunday night after the girls are in bed, I get a text from Elise's teacher saying that she is excited for the first day tomorrow. WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT????  I immediately burst into tears for somehow getting confused.  Let it be known that I just do not get confused.  I plan and plan to the hilt.  So I called Mom bawling and she calmed me down.  Convinced me it was better for Elise to have a day of her own.  Ran this all by Steph and she agreed.  So I got it together and headed to the store to buy some special things for her.  When she woke up, I told her she started school and she jumped out of bed and never missed a beat!





She did awesome without her sister.  I am so proud of her and how far she has come with leaving me.  This was a huge feat because all summer she had talked about being sad to be at preschool without Amelia and that it wouldn't be the same.  Go Leesey!!!  Proud of you.

3 comments:

  1. So glad the present idea was a hit! She is always surprising us that Elise Mae! Growing up more and more each day! No you being clueless was a BIG surprise.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all ended up working out great. Who would have thought of having first day of school goodies?! Not me! I love the photo where she's giving the thumbs up. One of my faves. Way to go Elise!! So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so cute and happy! Glad she did so great!

    AT

    ReplyDelete