Saturday, October 5, 2013

School Update



Best Friends
 Elise has started bringing home more papers and being increasingly proud of her work at school.  Amelia is great to really brag on the stuff Elise brings home and I can tell Elise's teacher does a great job of reinforcing the lesson because Elise then talks about it NONSTOP, haha.  She still gets sad in the morning when I drop her off.  She is excited until the second we walk in the door and her lip quivers.  She cries some mornings and is fine other mornings.  I can't really pinpoint the issue or trigger other than she thinks she will miss me.  And you know what?  I miss her- TONS.  But, I hide at the window until she is fine and thankfully she continues to have a wonderful day.  Her coloring skills are improving and it warms my heart to hear her talk about her best friends.  She always has plenty of stories about "those two wild boys" and proceeds to tell me how she plays with them ALL the time.  Elise is not nearly the people pleaser that Amelia is, so it is interesting to watch how little she strives to get a reward for good behavior.  Her excuses and reasoning leave Ross and I in stitches.  That girl is special and I cannot wait to see how she uses her spunk for great things.



Amelia is thriving in a way that I could only hope for.  I was the most worried about her and honestly she has thrown me for a loop.  She is delighted to go to school each and every morning that it is a school day.  I have to chase her down the hall for a hug and a kiss because she is sprinting to her classroom.  And she has even asked to go full time, to which I promptly denied the request.  I need that Buzzy time even if she thinks she is ready to give it up.  I am thrilled that she loves her teacher, friends, and loves learning.  Her greatest accomplishment is that she is reading words now.  It is precious to see her sound things out and then exclaim, "I READ THAT.  I AM A READER."  Of course I am quite proud, also.

After school treats are a must when your kiddos are as amazing as these!






2 comments:

  1. Hope all the good days continue for the girls !! Cute pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that they love it and love treats of course! Gam's cutie pies!

    ReplyDelete