Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Ramblings

 Stuart Little came to ASUMH campus and I thought it was a great chance for the girls to see their first play!  We hadn't read the book or watched the movie, so they really didn't know what to expect.  Amelia colored this picture to gear up, haha. 

I thought Amelia would do well, but I was curious about Elise.  I'm always curious about that hilarious girl.  We met our sweet friends there for a fun Sunday afternoon out.



It was a hit!! The play was about an hour and fifteen minutes (perfect length) with a very straightforward, easy to follow script.  Elise blew me away.  I was trying to narrate for her and she would say, "I know mom, they just said that." HAHA. She followed every scene change and joke.  It was a great afternoon and I hope more kid-friendly plays come to The Sheid.  

Another fabulous thing about MH is the library.  Such a wonderful facility and so many current books.  Love it. This book is so precious--our favorite of all that we've checked out in a while.

And lastly, we love having visitors!!  The girls were saying they missed Meme and Pop and when I mentioned all the times we had seen them last (quite a lot) Amelia responded that she meant she missed them being HERE.  So, a visit was arranged and the loveliest day was had. 

Meme brought homemade chocolate chip cookies!
 We took a walk down to the trail and enjoyed each others' company.  Can't ask for much more.




3 comments:

  1. Oh how I do love your Meme and Pop too! I love reading your blog Heather. And trust me, I check daily for new ones. Okay, maybe multiple times a day. But who's counting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet visit,play and wonderful library fun always wherever you are! I love that you go out of your way to find fun things! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad we can still hike the trail with these two girly girls !!! Had a fun day together ! Always thankful for what two old folks still manage to do.

    ReplyDelete