Sunday, September 15, 2013

To Amelia and Elise


Obviously it is a given that time moves quickly, my sweet ones.  But Mommy has been rather slow to understand just how quickly.
 
 There was a time when it was so exciting for me to dream of the next thing.  I couldn't wait for you to sit up and eat baby food and walk to me and talk and run.  But now, you can do all of those wonderful things.  The joy I felt at each event was tangible and the million pictures I took serve as permanent memories for me to reflect on.  I still remember each moment and am looking forward to all the things you will do in the future.
 
  However, I have reached a new place in my momhood.  These ages you are at right now, and this time we are in right now; this is my next.

 I am savoring this stage, because I fear if I blink we will be in the next of 1st and 3rd grade.  The next of middle school.  The next of dating talks... (oh heaven help me)  I know that the joy of your accomplishments will be tangible then too.  Heart-bursting joy and a million more pictures. But for now, these little moments are enough. 

I'm living my nexts.  Thank you both for the countless lessons on love and life. 


2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFULLY SAID !!! So many "NEXTS" ahead for you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen time flies by and never stands still!

    ReplyDelete