Thursday, October 4, 2012

Get Yer Boots On-- It's Fair Time!

Last year Elise was sick and Amelia went to her first fair with her Gammy and Gampy.  I remember being so sad that I was missing out, but Mom sent me lots of pictures and Amelia had the time of her life I tell ya.  She has literally talked about the fair for the entire last year.  Bringing it up at the most random of times.  Anxiously awaiting the rides.  Prepping herself to be brave enough to ride the ferris wheel.  I was hoping that it was as awesome as she remembered.  And oh, the night did not disappoint.
Elise wouldn't ride a single thing of course, but she loved walking around and playing games and watching sissy on all the rides.  She was so good! Amelia had been talking of the ferris wheel forever.  All year long she hoped she was brave enough to ride it and tall enough and that it was still a ride at the fair, etc.  She hopped right on and rode with her Gammy.  I was so proud of her.
I briefly mentioned before she got on that I would ride with her if she loved it and wanted to do it again.  She took me up on it and I was terrified.  Ferris wheels are scary, people!!  I closed my eyes on the top 3/4 of the ride each time we went around.  Amelia kept patting my leg telling me to open my eyes and relax, LOL.
It brought me such great joy to see her so very excited on each ride.  The fair holds a very thick sense of nostalgia for me and it is linked to some wonderful memories of being with my friends and family.  It was always such a big thing for our small town and I just love what it stands for.  I am so thankful I live so close to where I grew up and that while my family and I are building our own life and making our own memories, Ross and I can still introduce them to some that made us who we are.

Favorite picture ever.  Mom rode almost every ride with Amelia, but she cannot do rides that go around like this, and I definitely can't.  So, Dad won the prize and he NEVER rides things.  Just tickles me.





Thanks Mom and Dad for the arm bands and the treats and a really fun night for the girls and their Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. It was so fun!Elise manages to have fun with whatever she is doing and she loved the games folks! Amelia is a ride girl! We got stuck on the top and I said you can see the whole fair.She loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of great pics in this post, friend! So glad they had a great time and got to experience a good 'ol fashioned small-town fair :)

    AT

    ReplyDelete