Monday, April 20, 2015

Christmas Eve

For the first time ever- residency included- Ross was scheduled for call on Christmas Eve.  I was so sad.  Even though I knew it was fair- he was on call the 23, 24, 25.  The three prime days that we have all of our family get togethers.  This would be the first time I wasn't home with my family in my whole life.  But I knew we couldn't leave Ross here to have call and Christmas alone.  So, we worked out a plan.  Mom, Dad, Steph, D and the girls would come to us on Christmas Eve since Ross can't leave town when he is on call.  Meme and Pop were with Jen and family.

You know what???  It worked out perfectly.  We changed our tradition because we were forced to and it was still magical and wonderful.  Which taught me another lesson.  It is more the people than the tradition.  I was pretty darn hung up on the dates and who would be there and less hung up on what mattered.  The miracle that is Christmas. 

It is impossible not to be excited with these four.






Even more awesome is that Mom and Dad spent the night.  They NEVER spend the night with us.  It was like an extra Christmas gift!  We hung out and played toys all the next morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment