Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Story Time

I haven't posted about story time in a while because it is just one of those things we do every week after gymnastics.  The girls STILL love going each week.  When I was a new stay at home mom about to drown in baby toys and lack of adult conversation, a little library in Little Rock saved me!  Amelia and I started going to story time there and Barnes and Noble and we never looked back. 
This is how we always start.  Elise in front of me and Amelia in front of her.  Try to pay attention and not be distracted by Elise's hair...

The girls volunteered to show the activity on this day.  They love our teacher!

This is how they usually end up--all sprawled out on the germy floor.  I don't even fight it anymore.


Amelia loves these letter beanbags they have in the play area and had a blast practicing her words last week. 


 I am so grateful for the wonderful library systems in Springfield.  The program here is top notch and of course I am obsessed with all things books.  They have a cute cafe that we eat lunch at sometimes and I have gotten a couple of great gifts at their giftshop.  Library love.


Something else I love, as you know, is Amelia's sweet little preschool.  Here she is standing up on a special chair while the class sings her Happy Birthday. 

Eating cookies with her buddy Gavin
I took cookies and the kids ate them very quickly and had time before the day was over, so Mrs. Lisa got out some activity centers for the kids to do.  I was going to wait in the hall because they weren't focusing with me in there.  Elise asked to stay and do the centers and Mrs. Lisa let her.  I cracked up.  This is a picture I took through the parent spy window of Elise and Lila doing the color center.  It was hilarious- she just went and did the stations like it was her class.

2 comments:

  1. Libraries are awesome! So thankful they enjoy it so much!Looks like Elise is ready for preschool next year for sure and Amelia kindergarten-oh wait not old enough for K just smart enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I love that Elise got to stay and do centers. Looks like an awesome preschool to me! And storytime is wonderful. I can't wait to get back to it this summer. Hooray for libraries.

    ReplyDelete