Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pirate Party Highlights

 This party was entirely Amelia's vision. She has known exactly what she wanted this party to be for well over half the year.  And for that, I am thankful.  Parties and hosting aren't really my thing, but she made it so easy.  She wanted to be Izzy and wanted everyone in costume.  This was her number one request.  Thankfully, I have a fabulous family who got into it and made it totally hilarious and fantastic for my girl. 
Julie let us borrow this Captain Hook outfit and Amelia could not stop jumping up and down when her daddy emerged in it.
Here are the girls' sweet faces when Jen and crew walked in.
Our precious pirate family.  Like MY WHOLE HEART is in this photo.
ARGH, MATEY.  She was giddy to see her G and Pa in costume.
Jessalyn held Elise QUITE awhile because she could not figure out why her dad had on the strangest wig...



 Back in November, Jen made an awesome, 3-D pumpkin cake for Meme's birthday and Amelia said, "If Aunt Jen can do that, she can make me a treasure chest cake."  She even had me call Jen that night after we got home and ask her to do it.  And, Jen is a perfectionist to the core and delivered this...

Amelia was tickled as can be.  She ate about 75 of those gold dabloons and devoured the candy on top.  I couldn't believe that all the scallywags ate the ENTIRE cake.  It was that good.

Ross and Tom
Oh how I love this picture of Jake and Izzy.  They are best friends on the show and Amelia was thrilled beyond thrilled that Ingrid chose to be him.  Steph made the vest and it is a spitting image of Jake's. 
This is the whole crew:  Cubby, Izzzy, and Jake
Jen made the prettiest pirate ever.

I was a little worried about Amelia opening her gifts because she was so excited that it was HER special day and HER presents and HER party.  I had talked with her a little about letting her cousins/sister help and look at her toys, but didn't want to harp on it, because it was indeed her special day.  However, I just couldn't believe how sweet and kind she was.  Inviting the girls up to see her gifts.  Asking if they wanted to help.  Sharing what she opened almost immediately.  That's the stuff tears are made of.  So proud of my big girl.


Cutest packaging by Aunt Steph, of course
HAHA Smee, Izzy, and Skully the bird-- loved their outfits
Henderson Crew plus one
New car from Meme and Pop!  They couldn't come to the party due to Meme have shingles and being in incredible pain.  Such a sad thing, but Amelia handled it very well and loved their gift. 

She asked for a (very expensive) curling stick from the mall.  Each time we are in there she begs to get her hair curled for free and when they try to sell me the curling stick she screams, "YES, we will take it."  I got it for her and then wanted to bawl because she seems so old.
Her new outfit face.




Modeling her new necklace from Jessalyn and Brandt.  She slightly loved it.

She made a special wish, but wouldn't tell me!!  My special wish came true.  I prayed so hard for health on her party day and tons of energy and fun and excitement.  I prayed that her kind heart would shine through and that her expectations would be exceeded.  I prayed for a lasting memory of love and a house full of family.  All of these prayers were answered and God's goodness was just poured out on my home during the party.  I truly felt it.  A pirate party fit for a princess.





2 comments:

  1. Her excitement just shines in these pictures. She will remember that party forever. You did a great job! I love all the costumes and Amelia's little fairy dust pouch is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous four! She loved it all and that made it perfect! Great cake,decor,costumes,and presents!

    ReplyDelete