Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And Baby Makes Three...

LOOK EVERYONE: I am one month old!




So, here we are in blog land. I wanted to have my act together and get this blog going pre-pregnancy so that I could remember what all I was feeling (terrified, overwhelmed, ecstatic). I wanted to put all the delivery room and coming-home-from-the-hospital photos up and write what it felt like to hold Amelia in my arms for the first time (humbling, amazing, thrilling). I wanted to read the three novels that I haven't read yet and catch up on pointless daytime drama television (selfish). I did none of those things, but I wanted to start the blog today and I did (a miracle).


I'm not going to lie, it is harder being a mom than I thought it would be. But, in true "super-mom" fashion, my mom has come to the rescue and encouraged and hugged and patted me through some emotional moments. I guess if I am going to have a blog it needs to be honest. The moments weren't just emotional..some of them were downright ridiculous. Not sure how long I can keep blaming things on hormones, but it IS getting easier.


Okay, I don't want to lose anyone on my first post, so here are the pictures.


Amelia in her big-girl skirt. (Thanks Aunt Steph)

Pretty yellow headband
Tummy Time



Amelia fell asleep in her bed today for the first time. She is such a big girl.

Okay, we'll see what a raging success this is. She is so cute that I am sure everyone will be begging for more.

2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. All I remember from Bentley's first few weeks home is a lot of crying, and not from the baby. It took several months before I felt like I was really getting the hang of things. Keep posting.
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete