Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Graduate

I have cried about Kindergarten since February.  When Amelia turned five, I decided that she would be whisked away to K that very next morning.  Sobbing on the couch most of the night, I just looked at pictures of her as a tiny newborn and all the way through every precious stage.  I cried on and off every other night or so the next couple of months.  So, my sweet and saintly husband expected a full on meltdown at graduation.  The crazy thing was....no tears.  I was proud of her.  Insanely proud.  Well up with pride proud.  Chest puffed out proud.  But, I wasn't sad.  She had such a great year at her preschool and let me tell you, I agonized over where to send her.  So to see the little girl walk across that stage with her adorable blonde braids, and know that she was once a child I couldn't even put in the nursery without her screaming forever, no tears.  Just so, so proud.



Before the graduation, all the other classes joined the graduates to do some songs and I loved watching both of my girls up on stage together! So cute.
 




This post in no way means I am okay with having a baby girl who is about to enter kindergarten.  Only to document that her teacher and school were lovely and that I didn't have a breakdown at graduation.

3 comments:

  1. They both loved their school and so excited Elise will be back there next year. They have an amazing staff. So proud of our bumble bee and excited to see what God has in store for her and dance teacher it may be. She is amazing! Elsie did so well on her songs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHHHH! Love this post so much. She looks so grown up, and reminds me so much of you. So glad Mt. Home has turned out to be such a blessing - and Kindergarten will be, too! Just wait and see. Love you, friend.

    AT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your disclaimer at the very end. Love you!

    ReplyDelete