Thursday, March 14, 2013

Let's Not Be Rash

This time last year, Elise had her horrible reaction to amoxicillin and had rash that covered almost her whole body. This time last year, we began our hospital stay for for long days.  It was so scary and traumatic and at the same time, most of what I remember is the outpouring of love we felt. When I read this post, I feel like it has been longer than a year ago.  Mainly because Elise has grown so much in that year and is now talking up a storm and just cracking everyone up to the bone.  She is so much more talkative than Amelia ever was.  Yes, you read that correctly.
 Elise Mae talks more than Amelia Claire.  You must be wondering how that is possible.  I would have put millions of dollars on the fact that Amelia was the most talkative child God could deliver to me.  Elise is much less shy than Amelia. She talks to random strangers often and I usually leave the encounter cracking up and thinking that she just blessed their day. 

Hobby Lobby: 
The lady asks us if we found everything we need and I tell her yes we did. 
Elise:  Well, I love my mommy and I love you too!

Dermatologist: What brings you in today?
Elise:  My sissy has bad bad excema but me no have excema.
Amelia:  Yes, she's right.

Walking up to the Easter Bunny (Amelia tentatively hiding behind me):
Elise:  Is your fur just SO soft??

Cashier at Wal Mart:  How are you guys today?
Elise:  My mom painted my fingernails green!!  AND hers!  AND my sisters.  WE ALL MATCH!!


These encounters are endless- everywhere we go, all the time.  It just tickles Amelia and I to no end all during the week and we love re-hashing them with Ross when he gets home. 
 

She has inherited the sass as well.  Yesterday I was counting to three for her to bring her shoes in the living room and she ran in and said, "Don't count to three mom, just let Leese do it nice and slow."  Then, she ran back out. 

Often she tells us things that we should say to her or things that we shouldn't say.  She loves telling me that I'm using a rude voice and that I should be nicer when I am disciplining.  As if I am always going to tell her thanks for the reminder, haha. 

Thankful today for ALL this talking and for a healthy, precious girl.




2 comments:

  1. AMEN AND AMEN!She is our beautiful,smart,and hilarious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe that was a year ago! Grateful for answered prayers. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in your house for one day to hear all these hysterical conversations! She is so cute :)

    AT

    ReplyDelete